users@glassfish.java.net

Re: CLI171 ....Deployment of application failed - Invalid user or password

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2008 19:44:43 PDT

Ludo:
Thank you again for your assistance.

You were correct in that my Eclipse 3.4 installation was wrong. So I completely deleted the directory and installed a fresh Eclipse Ganymede that I grabbed from the Eclipse site. The download that I installed is:
           eclipse-jee-ganymede-SR1-win32.zip

Now I have Eclipse
Version: 3.4.1
Build id: M20080911-1700

I opeend up my new Eclipse version and went thru the exercise of selecting the GF v1.0.11 server adapter and it downloaded it and installed it. When Eclipse opened back up I selected new->server. Now I no longer see the "GlassFish v3 TP2" selection. Instead I see "GlassFish V3 Prelude" What happened to "GlassFish v3 TP2"? See pic GFV3_Prelude_Select.jpg attached

Anyway, when I clicked next, I get the error "Missing classpath entry \modules\glassfish.jar" (see GFV3Prelude_Error pic attached). So I browsed to the installation of my glassfishv3-prelude directory and to where the glassfish.jar sits (C:\Program Files\glassfishv3-prelude\glassfish\modules) and I get kind of the same message. It now states "Missing classpath entry C:\Program Files\glassfishv3-prelude\glassfish\modules\modules\glassfish.jar"

I did as you suggested: closed Eclipse, removed the com.sun.enterprise.* jar files and folders from the plugins and features directories, Opened Eclipse back up and redid this exercise with duplcate results.

What would you suggest? Please advise and I thank you again for your time.
Gary
[Message sent by forum member 'gmarshall56' (gmarshall56)]