users@glassfish.java.net

Unique jvm log file name?

From: Pete Ehlke <pde_at_rfc822.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 11:16:51 -0500

Folks:

Glassfish starts up with the following JAVA_ARGS:

-XX:+LogVMOutput
-XX:LogFile=${com.sun.aas.instanceRoot}/logs/jvm.log

The problem with this is that jvm.log gets overwritten each time the server
is started. I want to be able to guarantee that jvm.log will have a (nearly
as possible) unique name each time the server starts, so it is not
overwritten. jvm.log.$PID would be fine, jvm.log.YYYY-MM-DD-HH-MM would be
fine, something like that.

I cannot find a list of properties available at start time that I could use
in the definition of -XX:LogFile= to do this.

Any clues?

Thanks

-Pete