users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Slow HTTPS - Java 6 + Glassfish

From: Jeanfrancois Arcand <Jeanfrancois.Arcand_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 10:37:44 -0400

Salut,

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> Hi JeanFrancois,
>
> Thank you for your explanation about why the HTTPS under non-blocking mode, but HTTP is fast.

yes, but HTTPS does an asynchronous handshake, which is a major
performance bottleneck. Drop the handshake and the performance is almost
equalsd.

> I'll send you through my hardware specs if you like.. As you mentioned that this could be JDK related, I'll see if I can reproduce it on JDK1.5.

Sure. Sent it privately to jfarcand at apache dot org

> Quick question - when I use "blocking" mode, am I still using Grizzly?

yes.

Only reason I ask is that on startup in blocking mode, the appserver no
longer prints all the details about the HTTPS port 38181 listener.

Can you attach your server log? That sound strange...

Thanks

--Jeanfrancois