users@glassfish.java.net

Re: V3 b25 - apache logger not casting - different Classloader maybe...

From: Sahoo <sahoo_at_sun.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 19:50:48 +0530

Lot of things have changed and most notably the classloading has
completely changed since v3 tp2. We are now more closely aligned to the
behavior as observed in GFv2 environment. I don't know what you are
trying to do, but I do know that people are able to use apache commons
library in their app in recent builds of GFv3. We even have dev tests in
web tier that specifically tests this scenario. You should be able to
use any version of those libraries without impacting the server runtime.
Don't use modules/apache-commons-${version}.jar, for that jar contains a
private copy of some commons code that server runtime needs.

Thanks,
Sahoo