users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Achieving Load balancing + HA on two servers

From: Pankaj Jairath <Pankaj.Jairath_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 07:44:29 +0530

I believe you are back to your core issue - how to achieve HA with only
two server deployments. Apparently you seem to be looking at DNS as
suggested. Question - do you guys have a sys admin, he can personally
assist you in configuring the DNS in your internal network for testing
this out and work with your ISP for your external domain.

Basically he would know the usage of using the BIND mechanism of DNS
over multiple A (address) records configured with DNS for the same
domain; ex: www[n].foo.internal.

Some quick reference -
http://content.websitegear.com/article/load_balance_dns.htm

-/Pankaj