users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Developing a custom JSR-196 SAM

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 04:58:27 PDT

> > to be sufficient. I know that I can add additional
> > principals or permissions to the Subject, but how
> > do I access these in my EJB in order to pass the
> > clients id number to the third party application.
>
> it would probably be best to develop a principal or
> name mapping service to be used at the interface to
> the third party apps. The connector world has similar
> requirements, you may want to check if the connector
> infrastructure of glassfish provides a principal
> mapping facility that you can leverage.

If the interface to the third-party app is via a resource adapter,
then the mapping from application principal to the EIS (your 3rd party app)'s principal
could be performed through the "security maps" feature referred to by Ron above.

Please see http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/819-3658/ablqs for more
information on security maps and how they can be used.

Thanks
--Siva.
[Message sent by forum member 'sivakumart' (sivakumart)]