users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Developing a custom JSR-196 SAM

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 13:25:58 PDT

> One additional requirement I have is that we have a
> few third party applications that have custom id
> numbers to identify users to the system.
> Consequently, having only their username is not going
> to be sufficient. I know that I can add additional
> principals or permissions to the Subject, but how do
> I access these in my EJB in order to pass the clients
> id number to the third party application.

it would probably be best to develop a principal or name mapping service to be used at the interface to the third party apps. The connector world has similar requirements, you may want to check if the connector infrastructure of glassfish provides a principal mapping facility that you can leverage.

Ron

Ron
[Message sent by forum member 'monzillo' (monzillo)]