users@glassfish.java.net

Re: loadbalancer with apache

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 02:23:47 PDT

Have you set values of the parameters StartServers and maxclients to 1 under section prefork MPM of http.conf?

Also have you specified correct machine ip address for Virtual Host?

From logs I can see initialization happening for each request. Below logs indicate that :

[alert] Within apachelbplugin_name_trans()
[warn] lb.runtime: RNTM2019: Daemon http://mobipc:38080 has been intialized.
[warn] lb.runtime: RNTM2019: Daemon https://mobipc:38181 has been intialized.
[warn] lb.runtime: RNTM2019: Daemon http://MOBISERVER:38081 has been intialized.
[warn] lb.runtime: RNTM2019: Daemon https://MOBISERVER:38182 has been intialized.
[crit] lb.runtime: RNTM2003:After LBDaemonManager::init()

This should not happen. Initialization should happen only once and then for any request, apache should be able to lookup an existing virtual server and use it to service request.

Attach your httpd.conf, if even after suggested changes it does not work.

Also from logs I can see one instance is detected to be unhealthy. May be under loaded condition, load-balancer plugin in not able to establish connection to application-server instance and thus marking it as unhealthy. Please increase the load on system gradually and check.

Thanks,
Kshitiz
[Message sent by forum member 'kshitiz_saxena' (kshitiz_saxena)]