users@glassfish.java.net

Re: loadbalancer with apache

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 03:51:18 PDT

Thanks for the help.
The problem was solved by correct httpd.conf
I had change the http port from 80 to 85, but the ServerName variable was still "localhost:80"

By setting "ServerName localhost:85" it works.

But I read(in http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/819-3679/abdhg?l=en&a=view and in your reply) about prefork MPM section, StartServer and MaxChild settings in order to set sticky round robin.

I search in my httpd.conf about prefork MPM section but I didn't find it.

I attach in the post httpd.conf

I find

# WinNT MPM
# ThreadsPerChild: constant number of worker threads in the server process
# MaxRequestsPerChild: maximum number of requests a server process serves
<IfModule mpm_winnt.c>
ThreadsPerChild 250
MaxRequestsPerChild 0
</IfModule>

But If I put inside IfModule the StartServers command it isn't recognize as a valid command.

Where I put this command?
 I must write anything like
<IfModule prefork.c>
StartServers 1
MaxClients 1
</IfModule>

What are the recommended settings in httpd.conf for using apache only in loadbalancing?
[Message sent by forum member 'peppeme' (peppeme)]