users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Clustering: Why 2 instances on 1 machine?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 11:48:52 PDT

Hi:

What the other respondant has said is basically true - this exercise is called
capacity planning. I would be interested if you would like to write to me
(lwhite_at_dev.java.net) and give me an idea where you are in your project.
Perhaps it might be time to think about obtaining a subscription and getting more
full support.

I can tell you that if your machine(s) only have 2GB of ram you will barely
squeeze one instance on such a machine. I run a 3 instance cluster on a laptop
with 3GB of ram comfortably and with 2GB not very comfortably - this is strictly
for demo and light testing purposes. For any more serious production system
you will likely need more ram.
[Message sent by forum member 'lwhite' (lwhite)]