users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Problem launching a Application Client module

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2008 06:23:07 PDT

What browser and version are you using?

I expect that you will see the same result if you copy and past the URL into the browser's address field and try to visit that URL directly.

Java Web Start in general - not just the GlassFish feature - relies on the javaws.exe being set up as a "helper app" in the browser for the file type .jnlp and being present and accessible.

If I remember correctly I would expect to find javaws.exe in your JDK installation's JRE directory in the bin folder, where you looked. It's surprising that it's not there.

Could you try reinstalling JDK 1.6.0_ 06?

- Tim
[Message sent by forum member 'tjquinn' (tjquinn)]