users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Question about Prelude release

From: John Clingan <John.Clingan_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 22:40:52 -0700

On Aug 20, 2008, at 4:33 PM, Ryan de Laplante wrote:

> I also want to know if our support contract will be valid for V3
> Prelude, and if we renew, will V3 Prelude be supported?

TBD.

To answer your question below on what's in GlassFish v3 Prelude, check
out this link which should help:
http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=GlassFishV3LiteExpressContent

> What if we use un-finished features like EJB 3.1? I've been to
> hell and back trying to get Spring 2.5.5 to replace EJB 3.0, while
> keeping JPA/Toplink and JTA (still no success). I want everything
> inside one .war file, and EJB 3.1 offers that. The plan was to use
> Spring temporarily until EE6 comes out. I might give EJB 3.1 a try
> sometime soon just out of curiousity! If we end up using it, I
> could join FishCAT.

EJB 3.1 will still be early access at the launch of GlassFish v3
Prelude. We can't offer support for EJB 3.1 until the spec is final.

However, we are still planning full Java EE 6 support by JavaOne '09,
assuming the specification is finished in time. Check out the
GlassFish v3 schedule:
http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=GlassFishV3Schedule

Hope this helps.