users@glassfish.java.net

Installing two instances of the same web application

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 04:23:42 PDT

Hi,

I've written a web application that exposes a web service. I'd like to deploy the app twice - one instance shell remain untouched and stable, and the other shell be used for development and be changed occasionally. I've first deployed the war file as is (for the stable app), and then deployed the same war under a different application name and context root. This has worked well for a while, as (according to their monitors) both web services have been called successfully. However, after a short time all calls have been directed to the same web service, and from that point it is the only one called.

I've probably missed something, but I couldn't find out what else should I have changed. How can I get this done?

I'm using SJSAS 9.101 and NetBeans 6.

Thanks,
Eran
[Message sent by forum member 'erangi' (erangi)]