users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Eclipse not deploying projects to GlassFish v2

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2008 14:38:35 PDT

Thanks, Rochelle-

I've actually tried reinstalling Eclipse a couple of times, also deleting the .metadata in the workspace (I think this should be the equivalent of making a new workspace) - it didn't do anything to fix the problem.

I also reinstalled the plugin (the version is 1.04; I installed it by adding server > install new interface directly in Eclipse) when I reinstalled Eclipse.

After following the steps outlined in this thread: http://forums.java.net/jive/thread.jspa?messageID=276561

My computer now throws a SIGSEGV whenever Eclipse tries to publish to the server.

[code]
!ENTRY com.sun.enterprise.jst.server.sunappsrv 1 1 2008-08-01 16:19:22.389
!MESSAGE Sun App Server: in SunAppServerBehaviour publishModule[Lorg.eclipse.wst.server.core.IModule;@1bfaf8e
#
# An unexpected error has been detected by Java Runtime Environment:
#
# SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0xb0ec8420, pid=14954, tid=3084392112
#
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (1.6.0_03-b05 mixed mode, sharing)
# Problematic frame:
# C [libxul.so+0x916420]
#
# An error report file with more information is saved as hs_err_pid14954.log
#
# http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport/crash.jsp
#
Aborted (core dumped)
[/code]

I'll try reinstalling Eclipse and creating a new workspace folder and see what happens, but I'm not sure what I can expect from that.

Thanks for the help
[Message sent by forum member 'lwnexgen' (lwnexgen)]