users@glassfish.java.net

EAR bundle dir classpath question

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 07:44:50 PDT

Hi,

I've try to build an EAR with the default lib/ bundle directory without using the manifest Class-Path entry in all WAR's which references the jar files in the lib/ directory. This EAR should be standard JEE5 compliant and should be deployable without any change in Geronimo 2.1.2 and GlassFish (latest Version).

Now I found a difference in how to access the jar files located in the EARs lib/ directory from within an WAR module.

In Geronimo I have to use:
getClass().getClassLoader().getResourceAsStream("lib/sample.jar")
to get the jar file content.

In GlassFish I have to use:
getClass().getClassLoader().getResourceAsStream("sample.jar")
notice - without the lib/ prefix.

Can someone tell me which is the correct - JEE 5 compliant - way. Does GlassFish or Geronimo handle it wrong?

Thanks,
 Frank
[Message sent by forum member 'fmeili' (fmeili)]