users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Cannot deploy JRuby application to "/" context root

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 07:16:31 PDT

I was able to get my program to work deployed to root context in Glassfish V2ur2, I just downloaded the JDK + EE and used the version of glassfish that was prepackaged with it. The interesting part is I used the exact same method I was attempting with Glassfish V3 and it worked on V2ur2 and not on V3. In V3 when I would tell my app to deploy to context root "/" (either on the asadmin deploy command like or in the admin console deploy screen), it would always deploy to "/warnamehere", if I changed it to "/" in the admin console it would appear to save the changes but when I'd navigate to the root in my browser it would always show glassfish's docroot/index.html page. Another approach I tried was creating a new virtual server, creating a new port listener on port 80 for that virtual server and setting the "default web module" for the virtual server to my application. Apparently changing the default web module is what was causing glassfish to stop working (my app wouldn't load, admin console wouldn't load either and would give the message seen in my previous post). So all I can assume at this point is it's a bug or something that's not implemented in glassfish V3TP2 (I also tried the latest promoted build of prelude/express and that had the same results)
[Message sent by forum member 'mathewda' (mathewda)]