users@glassfish.java.net

Cannot deploy JRuby application to "/" context root

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 07:34:56 PDT

Using Glassfish V3 TP2 and JRuby 1.1.3: I've successfully been able to set up my JRuby application to deploy to http://localhost:8080/myappname. However I need the application to be at http://localhost instead. I've changed the http-listener-1 to use port 80 to listen on and I've tried changing the context root of my application to "/" but this does not appear to work, it always shows the index.html file from docroot. I've also tried to change the "default web module" for the "server" virtual server to my app, however when I do this glassfish no longer works. Meaning my admin console dies, it gives me a login page and then a blank page after that, and my startserv command prompt gives a message about the application already being loaded. It also has some sort of exception about the "PolicyConfigurationFactory" that doesn't happen until I change the default web module).

What is the proper way to deploy an application to be on the root and on port 80?
[Message sent by forum member 'mathewda' (mathewda)]