users@glassfish.java.net

How to make Glassfish accept only certain client certificates?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 05:44:21 PDT

I hope someone can help me with the following question:

How can I tell Glassfish to accept only client certificates which are signed with a particular root certificate?

I have activated "client authentication" on my HTTPS listener, and my browser does indeed now ask me to select a certificate, but Glassfish appears to be accepting *any* client certificate (I happen to have a Thawte personal email certificate installed as well).

I want Classfish to accept only certificates that are signed with my own self-signed root certificate (which I have already imported into cacerts.jks). How can I get Glassfish to do this?

The reason is that I want to use the certificate only to identify the client machine as trusted; the user still has to log in with a userid and password. If Glassfish does not support this, how can I best achieve that only trusted machines can connect?
[Message sent by forum member 'pepijn_schmitz' (pepijn_schmitz)]