users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Password aliases in FileRealm

From: Ryan de Laplante <ryan_at_ijws.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 15:11:04 -0400

Looking at the contents of the FileRealm disk file I see the passwords
are hashed using SSHA. I think hashes are not reversible, right? The
app server takes the client's password input, hashes it, then compares
to the value stored in FileRealm. Is that correct?

So, there is no need to use a password alias.

Thanks,
Ryan