users@glassfish.java.net

Configure access log to include username

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2008 08:52:54 PDT

Hello
We are still using SJSAS version 8.1, I am having difficulty getting the access log to include username. To configure the format of the access log I am using:
Admin Console "Configurations" -> "server-config(Admin Config)"-> "HTTP Service" -> "Access Log" tab

I am able to make other changes like adding the user agent %header.user-agent% and the log changes as one would expect.

I imagine that to log the user name of a logged in user I need the term
%auth-user-name%
however it does not give anything of interest, the log records just a "-" no username.

The web applications being served require users to login so there is no doubt about whether the user is logged in or not.

Any ideas ?
[Message sent by forum member 'vincewebb' (vincewebb)]