users@glassfish.java.net

configuring check-passthrough with sun webserver loadbalancer.xml

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 00:48:21 PDT

Hello Everyone !!!

I am using the Sun Webserver 6.1 sp6 with loadbalancer plugin to route the traffic to the Sun application server 8.1. Currently the webserver is directing all the requests (both static and dynamic) succesfully to the Application servers listed in the loadbalancer.xml file. I would like to configure the Webserver to serve all the static content like html,css,gifs,png etc and forward the request to appserver in case the requested resource is not available on webserver.

It was mentioned in the sun documentation to use the check-passthrough directive for this requirement, But I am not able to configure this directive successfully. Did someone implemented this directive successfully to serve the static content from webserver and forward only those resource requests which does not present on the webserver.

Here is the snippet of obj.conf I was using..

<Object name="lbplugin">
ObjectType fn="force-type" type="magnus-internal/lbplugin"
ObjectType fn="check-passthrough" type="magnus-internal/passthrough"
PathCheck fn="deny-existence" path="/WEB-INF/"
Service type="magnus-internal/lbplugin" fn="service-passthrough"
Error reason="Bad Gateway" fn="send-error" uri="$docroot/badgateway.html"
</Object>

The lbplugin will be mapped to the location of the loadbalancer.xml file on the webserver.

I already tried several combinations with no luck and below was one of them.

<Object name="lbplugin">
ObjectType fn="check-passthrough" type="magnus-internal/passthrough"
Service type="magnus-internal/passthrough" fn="service-passthrough"
Error reason="Bad Gateway" fn="send-error" uri="$docroot/badgateway.html"
</Object>

-Thanks
[Message sent by forum member 'narirag' (narirag)]