users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Is it possible to use a cacert per virtual_server in glassfish ?

From: <Jan.Luehe_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 12:50:43 -0700

Paul wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm trying to setup a glassfish install with several virtual servers.
>Each of theses virtual server should have it's own keypair for SSL. I found
>how to bind a httplistener to a keypair alias.
>Now I face the following problem : all virtual server uses the same cacert, so
>they all trust the same certificates. I would like to have client
>certificates that could authenticate agains one virtual server but not the
>others.
>
>So, is there a way to bind a https listener to a given cacert ?

Here, you meant:

    So, is there a way to bind a virtual server to a given cacert?

right?

The answer is: no, SSL credentials may be assigned only to HTTP
listeners, and not to virtual servers.

However, if you create a 1-to-1 mapping between virtual servers
and HTTP listeners, you would in effect be assigning SSL credentials
to virtual servers, which is what you want.

Jan