users@glassfish.java.net

exposing API classes from a JCA connection in a webservice...

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2008 00:22:25 PDT

Hi,

We have an application that exposes a webservice and uses a JCA connector. The JCA connector exposes connection and connectionfactory to the application. Now, when we expose some of the JCA connector API classes (e.g. enum) through the webservice we are getting a ClassNotFoundException. In other words, the API classes of the JCA connector are not part of the classpath of the application yet when the webservice is being generated.

The behavior is perhaps understandable, but what should really happen following the spec?

Cheers
  Erik
[Message sent by forum member 'erikengerd' (erikengerd)]