users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Request feedback on Glassfish V3 Prelude Pluggability/Branding one-pager

From: Sahoo <Sahoo_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 22:01:39 -0700

Here are my comments:

+1 for all the features you plan to deliver. It appears to me that OSGi
extender pattern is very suitable for the problem you are trying to
solve. I would love to see why you think that pattern can't be applied
here and why we need to rely on extensions like GlassFish-require-services.

Thanks,
Sahoo

[1] http://www.osgi.org/blog/2007/02/osgi-extender-model.html