users@glassfish.java.net

Re: RE: Problem with JPA and cache

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 08:54:16 PDT

Hello,

I agree, turning on TopLink logging and seeing the output will help further issolate the issue the most at this point. While I know that this test is just a test that closely resembles the real app, because you are in the same context, p0 should == p1, and chassis2. So the find methods really should not play a part in the problem. It would be interesting if you could test that p0 == p1 == chassis2 to verify this, and also run a test where you remove the finds and flushes to see if they play a part in the problem.

I suspect that the version field is causing updates to not be merged into the cache. If this is the case, you might try switching to an Integer for the version and see if it makes a difference, as well as print of the version and the contents of the collection at different points in the test.

Best Regards,
Chris
[Message sent by forum member 'chris_delahunt' (chris_delahunt)]