users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Cannot setup two virtual servers on same port (80) even with

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 10:18:31 PDT

> just add:
> -Dcom.sun.enterprise.server.ss.ASQuickStartup=false

God, I hate that answer.

That's the "Oh, just kick the server in the back" answer. It's total folklore and badly documented. Why would anyone who isn't intimate with the code even THINK that would be the answer?

It seems to be the "answer" to everything, Jeanfrancois, but there's never a good reason WHY it's the answer. WHY does setting the property to false fix THIS problem. And Why doesn't the server handle this situation properly WITHOUT this flag.

I swear, every time I see this answer I think a bug should be filed. "This doesn't work, but ASQuickStartup fixes it. Make it work without ASQuickStartup". Just seems like such a hack to me.

"If day == tuesday and moon.getPhase == waning..." kind of code. Or maybe it's a "JeanfrancoisSaysSo" flag.
[Message sent by forum member 'whartung' (whartung)]