users@glassfish.java.net

Re: (mod_jk?) ClientAbortException again.

From: Kristian Rink <kawazu_at_zimmer428.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 08:10:47 +0200

Salut Jeanfrancois;

and first off, thanks loads for your ongoing support on that... Somehow
I still have hope to get this one resolved this time. :)

Jeanfrancois Arcand schrieb:
> OK you are using mod_proxy. Can you share you config file? I'm just
> curious to to see if that could be the problem.

The mod_proxy configuration itself is pretty much straightforward, I
followed several reverse-proxy-setup instructions on that, here:

[--/etc/apache2/mods-enabled/proxy.conf---]

ProxyRequests Off

<Proxy our.external.ip.addr >
                Order deny,allow
                Deny from all
</Proxy>

ProxyVia Off

[--/--]

The apache2 virtual host in question for this has the following
proxying-related configuration:

[--/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/main--]

ProxyPreserveHost On
ProxyPass /webprojekt/ http://192.168.1.242:8080/webprojekt/
ProxyPassReverse /webprojekt/ http://192.168.1.242:8080/webprojekt/
ProxyPass /web/ http://192.168.1.242:8080/web/
ProxyPassReverse /web/ http://192.168.1.242:8080/web/

[--/--]

We do have, as a matter of fact, mod_jk enabled on our apache2 to front
another application which still runs tomcat but there aren't any mod_jk
/ worker / JkMount configurations for any glassfish related resources...

>> Another thing however is that we're using Spring MVC in this app, but I
>> so far am unaware that Spring comes pre-packaged with tomcat code - I'll
>> better check that, just to make sure...
>
> Can you share your domain.xml? If you can't send it publicly, just send
> it to jfarcand at apache dot org and I will take a look.

No problem, got it attached after X'ing out the only thing I so far
consider somehow sensible in there (our JDBC environment). Thanks a
bunch in advance for taking care of this...

[apache2 responses]
> OK let me know what those folks thinks :-)

Nothing so far, unfortunately. :( As a matter of fact I have seen the
same outcome earlier trying to resolve the same problem related to our
tomcat6 installation and never really got over it up to now... :/

Anyway, thanks a bunch for your patience, best regards from
Dresden/Germany...
Kristian

--
Kristian Rink * http://zimmer428.net * http://flickr.com/photos/z428/
jab: kawazu_at_jabber.ccc.de * icq: 48874445 * fon: ++49 176 2447 2771 "One