users@glassfish.java.net

GF v2 bundled with EclipseLink?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2008 17:44:23 PDT

On July 9th EclipseLink 1.0 will be released.

I wonder if there will be a glassfish v2 release bundled with EclipseLink?

Since EclipseLink is more powerful than Toplink Essentials and solves some serious restrictions of TLE this would be a great package. Another reason is that the community does not have to wait till 2009, when GF v3 arrives (with EclipseLink).

I know that there is a way to exchange the Persistence Provider manually, but is it really that easy in this case?

Nevertheless, an "out of the box" release would be very useful (for everyone).
[Message sent by forum member 'zebhed' (zebhed)]