users@glassfish.java.net

JDBC SQLException: max pool size exceeded

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2008 05:48:29 PDT

Need some serious help here, guys.

I am using Glassfish V2 (SJSAS 9.1) on Windows, with default settings right out of the box. I set up a JDBC connection to a local Intersystems Cache database. Everything is moving along smoothly until about 20-30 connections to the database, and then I get the following error:

[code]
java.sql.SQLException: Error in allocating a connection. Cause: Connection could not be allocated because: Unable to get a connection: max pool size exceeded
[/code]

and everything shuts down. I have to actually shutdown the service and restart it with asadmin before it will start working again.

Obviously this has something to do with the JDBC Connection Pool settings, but I can't figure out what, and I have scoured the internet for this error and come up with nothing.
[Message sent by forum member 'malakh' (malakh)]