users@glassfish.java.net

glassfish server and linux 32 bit vs 64 bit

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 06:17:49 PDT

hi *,

i would love if someone could provide me with a link of all pros and cons running on linux 64 bit or 32 bit in conjunction with GF.
is there anywhere a comprenhensive guide out there?

general i have a view questions:
what is max amount of ram a 32 bit linux can handle (does it depend on the kernel version if yes which kernel is minimum requirement?)
what is jvm for linux capeable of (32 vs 64)
what is a best practice with gf?

we are planning to buy new hardware (amd 4x4 cores with ~ 32 GB of ram) for our new GF deployments.
one physical server will run ~ 8 GF instances (2G each) and 4-6 open mq servers (1G each)

regards chris
[Message sent by forum member 'eingfoan' (eingfoan)]