users@glassfish.java.net

Passing domain properties into a domain.xml template

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 22:59:16 PDT

I haved created a template domain.xml file to use with the asadmin create-domain command (using the --template option). I am currently using the %%%HTTP_PORT%%%, %%%HTTP_SSL_PORT%%% etc. properties in the template file to dynamically set the values of these ports in the resulting domain.xml configuration file.

This is fine, however, I am also including a custom <jdbc-connector-pool> that requires a unique port to be dynamically assigned to it in a similar manner. Is there any way to define additional custom properties to handle this. What I want to be able to do is have a %%%OTHER_PORT%%% property in the template file that I can assign a value to when I run asadmin create-domain like:

asadmin create-domain --adminport 10045 --instanceport 10046 --passwordfile /acct/bwinters/.passwd --template /acct/bwinters/template.xml --domainproperties orb.listener.port=10047:http.ssl.port=10048:jms.port=10049:[b]other.port=10050[/b]

Presently this does not work; the value "%%%OTHER_PORT%%%" shows up in the resulting domain.xml file instead of the value "10050". Does anyone know of a way to achieve something similar to this? Thanks.
[Message sent by forum member 'bcwinters' (bcwinters)]