users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Passing domain properties into a domain.xml template

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 16:14:08 PDT

In the end I could not find any way of passing custom properties in during the create-domain operation. However, I was able to do something slightly similar by using custom system properties in the domain.xml template file (ie. portNumber=${other.port} ) and then calling asadmin create-system-properties just after domain creation to set the system properties to the correct values (ie. asadmin create-system-properties other.port=10050 ).

Note: The drawback to this method is that the domain must be started first before asadmin create-system-properties can be executed. Also the asadmin create-system-properties command only seems to work when the domain.xml file is based off the glassfish enterprise profile (not the developer profile etc.).
[Message sent by forum member 'bcwinters' (bcwinters)]