users@glassfish.java.net

Persistence API Entities in different JARs in J2SE

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 03:32:27 PDT

Greetings

This is actually a multi-part question.

[b]1.[/b] Since I'm new to JPA I don't actually know where to get hold of documentation, especially for JPA on J2SE. Any help/links here will be appreciated.

[b]1b.[/b] Is this the place to ask questions about JPA on J2SE?

Finally, the actual question...

[b]2.[/b] I have an Entity in a different JAR than the Persistence Unit. I found this thread on the matter: http://forums.java.net/jive/thread.jspa?messageID=280696&#280696, but the solution doesn't seem to apply to J2SE. The in-editor JavaDoc viewer in NetBeans also displays documentation for the <jar-file> tag that states that it doesn't apply to J2SE persistence units. I tried it regardless and it didn't work.

[i](a)[/i] Is there a way to do this in J2SE PUs?
[i](b)[/i] Why is <jar-file> not supported in J2SE PUs?
[Message sent by forum member 'jagaven' (jagaven)]