users@glassfish.java.net

Problems with glassfish v3 tp2

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 03:08:06 PDT

Hi,

I just tried glassfish v3 tp2 (with NetBeans 6.1) and run into a couple of problems:

1) after installing the NetBeans Plugin and creating a web project NetBeans says:
"Servlet API classes are not in the classpath, some scriplet editing features are disabled"

2) updatecenter did not install (Windows Vista)
 solution: I deleted the line that sets the proxy URL in the updatetool.bat

3) after installing Metro and glassfish-ejb via the updatecenter the admin gui did not start anymore. The log file says:
"27.07.2008 11:32:28 com.sun.enterprise.v3.admin.adapter.AdminConsoleAdapter service

SCHWERWIEGEND: Cannot process admin console request in time

"

4) I cannot stop the server.
- via NetBeans: nothing happens
- via asadmin.bat: "cannot acces jarfile... "
- directly via admin-cli-10.0-V3-PRELUDE-M1-SNAPSHOT: "stop-damain failed"

Any known workarounds for this?

I attached the the whole server log file.

regards
robert
[Message sent by forum member 'wierob' (wierob)]