users@glassfish.java.net

HA load balancer

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 13:56:04 PDT

I am trying to set up a mission critical, high availability Glassfish cluster.

As I am going through the documentation I cannot find details/instructions on how to achieve HA with the load balancer. It appears to be a single point of failure(SPOF). I found an article describing how to configure Apache as the load balancer for a Glassfish cluster. But the article never mentions clustering the Apache servers. Is it straightforward enough that I just need to configure Apache with Heartbeat? Is there documentation that details how to achieve HA throughout? Carrying over session data is not HA. As long as there is one SPOF in a solution, it is not HA.
[Message sent by forum member 'csimm' (csimm)]