users@glassfish.java.net

load balancer causing time out?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2008 10:07:58 PDT

i find myself with a pretty odd situation. I have a loop that needs to do some validations and then an update. the loop can take anywhere between 2-3 minutes to 30-40 minutes depending on the amount of data that needs processed. i originally had problems with proxool timing out so i had to expilicity close the connection after each update. when i did that everything worked fine, until i deployed to our QA environment. the difference between dev and qa environments is the addition of load balancing, so as i test i hit each qa server directly and the process ran without a hitch. so basically, if i isolate a server, everything is fine, if i go through the load balancer i time out at about 15 minutes. anyone have any thoughts about what could be happening or what i could do?

thx in advance.
Mike
[Message sent by forum member 'bbhmusic' (bbhmusic)]