users@glassfish.java.net

Re: HA load balancer

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 09:56:19 PDT

My project manager would have a stroke if I told him we needed a $6K piece of hardware to go with the $25K we just spent on servers. I've already read about configuring the web-server for load-balancing. It never addresses redundancy for the web server/load balancer.

What would be the con of configuring the Java System Web Server with a failover server using Heartbeat? The application server could use the shared IP address to talk to the load balancer.
[Message sent by forum member 'csimm' (csimm)]