users@glassfish.java.net

Environment variables in asenv.bat

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 04:32:13 PDT

Dear All,

I gave up searching the documentation... I'm looking for a description of all the environment variables that can be set for asadmin subcommands in the asenv.bat file. E.g. is there one for setting the home directory for the database (rather than the default) or perhaps a general one for setting home directory across all commands? I've found the command line options for the subcommands, but wanted to set the env variables.

We have a strange installation (for site security reasons) where glassfish is robocopied from C:\... to local D:\Sun and Netbeans is also robocopied from C:\... to D:\Netbeans with a Netbeans user directory set as D:\[uid]_netbeans. It seems that with the move from XP to Vista new errors occur: there is an attempt to use C:\Users\tmp when finding databases etc. I want to get the glassfish tools to use a different location under D which is less locked down

Thanks in anticipation

Chris
[Message sent by forum member 'chrisloftus' (chrisloftus)]