users@glassfish.java.net

Re: OpenESB custom component

From: Alexis Moussine-Pouchkine <alexis.mp_at_sun.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 11:57:58 +0200

Hi Ryan,

This is probably a good question to ask users_at_open-esb.dev.java.net
(or even the 'dev' alias).
My take on this would be that the app server becomes just one of many
service engines which can expose a legacy system via JCA while a JBI
binding component (BC) plugs right into the ESB and NMR. A BC is
exposed using WSDL. There is also some install and management
dimension to JBI vs. JCA.
The OpenESB wiki is also a good place to look: http://wiki.open-esb.java.net/
On writing JBI components:
https://open-esb.dev.java.net/nonav/public/jbi-comp-examples/Developing_JBI_Components.html