users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Grizzly consumes 100% CPU in SelectorThread.doSelect if client disconn

From: Jeanfrancois Arcand <Jeanfrancois.Arcand_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 10:33:24 -0400

Salut,

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> Hello Jeanfrancois,
>
>> can you add the following property in domain.xml:
>>
>> -Dcom.sun.enterprise.server.ss.ASQuickStartup=false
>
> I did so and restarted the server. The behaviour is the same: Some time after my client disconnects, the java process goes up to nearly 100% CPU usage.
>
> What did you expect? More logging or some different behaviour? What information do you need?

No 100% CPU .. that property save my life very often :-) :-)

OK let's start from scratch. Which platform are you running GlassFish?
Any chance you are running on Linux (there is some issues with
NIO)....if not, then are you using SSL? That might be another possible
problem. Which version of GlassFish are you using?

> I also set the Web Container log level to FINER:(javax.enterprise.system.container.web; org.apache.catalina; org.apache.coyote; org.apache.jasper;)
>
> How shall I proceed to find out more information?

Can you share a little test case? If yes, send it to (jfarcand at apache
dot org) and I will take a look

> More details about my application:
> My client keeps the HTTP response stream to a specific servlet open until it stops. This servlet listens to a JMS queue and forwards the messages to the client. If the JMS receive( timeout ) returns without any data, a dummy message is return to the client.

  In this way, the servlet gets an error writing to the stream if the
client closes its end.

And you are sure your Servlet is not the one that spinning, right?

> BTW, my timezone is GMT+2. And yours? Just to reduce turnaround times...

EDT (Montreal).

Thanks

-- Jeanfrancois