users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Grizzly consumes 100% CPU in SelectorThread.doSelect if client disconn

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 05:53:01 PDT

Hello Jeanfrancois,

> can you add the following property in domain.xml:
>
> -Dcom.sun.enterprise.server.ss.ASQuickStartup=false

I did so and restarted the server. The behaviour is the same: Some time after my client disconnects, the java process goes up to nearly 100% CPU usage.

What did you expect? More logging or some different behaviour? What information do you need?

I also set the Web Container log level to FINER:(javax.enterprise.system.container.web; org.apache.catalina; org.apache.coyote; org.apache.jasper;)

How shall I proceed to find out more information?

More details about my application:
My client keeps the HTTP response stream to a specific servlet open until it stops. This servlet listens to a JMS queue and forwards the messages to the client. If the JMS receive( timeout ) returns without any data, a dummy message is return to the client. In this way, the servlet gets an error writing to the stream if the client closes its end.

BTW, my timezone is GMT+2. And yours? Just to reduce turnaround times...

Cheers, Jörg
[Message sent by forum member 'jthoennes' (jthoennes)]