users@glassfish.java.net

Re: PermGen problem - class loader does not collect

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 19:38:27 PDT

This PermGen problem happens to me nearly on a daily basis. It happens from re-deploying EARs/WARs all day while developing on a glassfish v2ur2 server that does not get restarted.

I have to be deploying pretty commonly all day (lets say, 30-50 times in a day) for it to occur, but.. it happens pretty consistently each day if im developing/deploying all day long.

I do not deploy any JDBC drivers inside my apps, and it happens with atleast 3 different WAR projects and two different EAR projects (some are NB projects, deployed from NB; some are custom projects built from ant and deployed from the asadmin command line)

I have no explanation to this behavior yet, except it appears to be a memory leak
[Message sent by forum member 'asherwin' (asherwin)]