users@glassfish.java.net

mod_proxy blocking my Comet HTTP streaming response

From: Xu Erdong <xuerdong_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 10:53:37 +0800

Hi,

  Because mod_jk doesn't support Comet in Glassfish v2 ur2, I tried
mod_proxy instead of mod_jk to put Apache Httpd front of Glassfish for load
balancing. In normal http request/response, it works well. But in Comet HTTP
streaming, I found mod_proxy blocked the response until server close the
stream (after timeout), then send the whole response to client at once.
That's not my need, I need hold a long HTTP connection between client and
server, and client will receive messages all the time from server.
  My mod_proxy configuration in httpd.conf is:

  ProxyPreserveHost on
  RewriteEngine on

  RewriteRule ^/comet$ /comet/ [R,L]
  RewriteRule ^/comet/(.*) http://localhost:8080/comet/$1 [P,L]

  that followed the instruction in
http://www.manorrock.com/documents/glassfish/proxy.html, and my test
environment is RHEL 5.1, Apache Httpd 2.2.3, Glassfish v2 ur2.
  If anyone resolved this problem, please tell me the solution.
  Thanks!

--
Best regards,
Xu mailto:xuerdong_at_gmail.com