users@glassfish.java.net

Comet response delayed in browser.

From: Xu Erdong <xuerdong_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 14:24:26 +0800

Hi,

  I used the example from
http://weblogs.java.net/blog/jfarcand/archive/2006/10/writting_a_come.html,
and deployed the chat application to one Glassfish v2ur2 machine, and the
comet servlet can work when I tested in IE browser, Firefox can not display
the message iframe window. But there is still a problem in IE, response
delay:
  1£İAfter I submit messages several times, the server will push all the
messages I inputed to browser at once, even the servlet had already used
response.getwriter().flush() after println() every time.
  2£İOnce 1 occured, the server will response every inputed
messageimmediately, push the message to broswer.
  I have set the glassfish jvm option *-Dcom.sun.grizzly.http.bufferResponse
*=false to turn off response buffer, and restart the glassfish, but the
result is same as before.
  Have someone resolved this problem?
  Thanks!