users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Dynamic classloading in Glassfish V3

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 14:30:15 PDT

We showed both in the GlassFish v3 demo at JavaOne.

And as Kedar mentioned, dynamic addition of modules is now working in v3.

Dynamic class reloading in a running application is not built into v3, at least not yet. As it stands today the technology has some restrictions that hinder its usefulness, but we know what those restrictions are. We have already addressed some and know how to address others and we're in the process of deciding exactly how to proceed with this possible addition to GlassFish.

So, there are not any published descriptions of the feature as yet. When our plans for this solidify we'll be sure to let people know.

- Tim
[Message sent by forum member 'tjquinn' (tjquinn)]