users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Eclipse breaks when GlassFish publishes

From: Rochelle Raccah <Rochelle.Raccah_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 13:43:30 -0700

I'd like to try to help you isolate whether this might be a glassfish
problem, a WTP update problem, an eclipse problem, or a problem with
your particular web project.

Can you try a few experiments:
1) Try to install the same versions of eclipse and glassfish, but skip
the WTP update, and use a different workspace directory, then try to run
a brand new test project on glassfish
2) Same as 1, but try your existing workspace & test project
3) Same as 1, but do the wtp upgrade
4) If you haven't identified one of the above as a problem, try running
your test project on another server (it could even be glassfish v3) and
help us diagnose if it is the version of the appserver causing the problem.

Hopefully, with this data we can pinpoint the problem.

Thanks!
Rochelle