users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Help accessing JVM Report link

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 01 May 2008 08:51:52 PDT

> I tried to do the latter in the most obvious way
> (i.e., by removing the policy file) and that didn't
> work...so please use policytool to add the grant to
> granted.policy; at least for now. After I did that, I
> was able to access the page without authenticating.

you can change web.xml and cause the policy file to be regenerated.
In order to do this,

1. stop the appserver
2. under generated/policy, move the admingui subdirectory to admingui.save
3. restart the appserver
4. use your browser to access the admin console.
if you have any problem, replace the new admingui policy directory, wiith the one that you saved in step 2.

the policytool method also works, you might want to try that first (restart the appserver after you change the policy file).

Ron
[Message sent by forum member 'monzillo' (monzillo)]