users@glassfish.java.net

glassfish loggging to syslog only

From: Gabor Szokoli <szocske_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 15:28:17 +0200

Hi,

We have set up glassfish to log to the syslog facilty. (blatantly
stratightforward, there's a checkbox on the admin console...)

But now I don't know what to do with the logfile which I don't need anymore.

I tried to direct it to /dev/null, but it got rotated after a while
with catastrophic consequences for the rest of the system :-)
This is odd though, as its size is always 0, and
"log-rotation-timelimit-in-minutes" is "0".

So I need a way to either:
- Disable direct file logging while retaining syslog logging, or
- Disable log file rotation altogether so I can direct logs to /dev/null

I have read this, but found no solution:
https://glassfish.dev.java.net/javaee5/docs/AREF/abhaq.html#abhdl

Any advice apperciated!

Gabor Szokoli