users@glassfish.java.net

Re: glassfish loggging to syslog only

From: Gabor Szokoli <szocske_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 11:57:21 +0200

Answering my own question:

Setting /dev/null as the log file seems to work when both the size-
and time limits for log file rotation are set to "0".
Still, a slighly more advanced log routing facility would be nice to
have (in V3, say).
More log destinations would be useful:
multiple files (or none :-) ), multiple syslog servers (currently
localhost is hardcoded), e-mail addresses, SNMP trap destinations,
etc.

These could then be mixed-and-matched with multiple log filtering setups.
That way I could send all FINEST logs to local files with heavy
rotation, AUDIT logs only to a remote log server, and severe issues
only to the management system as SNMP traps.

Gabor Szokoli
Daydreamer