users@glassfish.java.net

Problems with the TrustStore

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 02 May 2008 01:42:11 PDT

Hi all!

I'm currently with a problem that puzzles me for quite some time now. I have two different web applications (2.4, war only) installed in my GlassFish. Both use the same authentication library to authenticate users. This library queries a LDAP server via LDAPS protocol. I have installed the neccessary certificates in the GlassFish truststore and I can logon to one application.

The other, using exactly the same mechanism, throws the dreaded PKIX path building failed execption:

[i]javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target[/i]

What detail did I miss? I do not understand this behaviour at all, as the both use the same library with the same version and the same certificate in the same truststore. When I remove the certificate from the truststore, the other application fails as well (as to be expected).

Does someone have any idea? Any help is appreciated.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Hendrik Busch
[Message sent by forum member 'hbusch' (hbusch)]